GitHub Desktop is a graphical user interface which enables users to manage their repositories and work with Git and GitHub. It is available for Windows and Mac OS. It allows users to perform basic Git tasks such as creating and cloning repositories, committing and pushing changes, and merging branches. It also provides an easy way to access GitHub features such as creating pull requests, and reviewing and merging pull requests.
–github desktop can t find repository
If you are attempting to fork a repository, you must have the url for the repository. You can find the url by going to the repositories page on Github and click “Clone or download” to get the complete url. If you are attempting to clone a repository, you must have Git installed on your computer. You can then enter the url of the repository you want to clone into the Github Desktop app.
-github desktop change repository location
In GitHub Desktop, you can change the local repository location by going to File > Options > Repository Settings. Here, you will be able to see the current location of the repository, and can choose to change it.
-github desktop clone repository
1. To clone a repository from GitHub Desktop, open the app and then click on the “Clone a repository” button.
2. You will then be prompted to enter the URL of the repository you wish to clone.
3. Once the URL is entered, click the “Clone” button.
4. The repository will be cloned to your local machine.
-github desktop create repository from existing folder
1. Open the GitHub Desktop app.
2. Click on the File tab.
3. Select the option to “Clone Repository.”
4. Select the “Existing local repository” option.
5. Click on the “Browse” button.
6. Locate and select the existing folder you want to create a repository from.
7. Click the “Choose” button.
8. Click the “Clone” button.
9. Enter a name for the repository, if desired.
10. Click the “Create repository” button.
-a lock file already exists in the repository github desktop
If a lock file already exists in the repository, it is likely because it is currently being edited by another user. In this case, you should contact the user who is currently editing the file and ask them to finish their work before you can make any changes. Alternatively, you can ask the user to push their changes to the repository so that you can pull them down and then make your changes.