To download GitHub Desktop, follow these steps:
- Go to the GitHub Desktop download page: https://www.githubdesktop.com/download/
- Click the “Download for Mac” or “Download for Windows” button, depending on your operating system.
- Install GitHub Desktop by following the instructions provided by the installer.
Alternatively, you can also install GitHub Desktop via the command line:
- Download the latest release of GitHub Desktop from the GitHub Desktop release page: https://github.com/desktop/desktop/releases
- Extract the downloaded package file.
- Run the
.exefile for Windows or the
.dmgfile for Mac to install GitHub Desktop.
Alternatively, you can also install GitHub Desktop via the command line by using Chocolatey:
- Install Chocolatey:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))
Install GitHub Desktop:
choco install github-desktop
Note: If you run into any issues during the installation process, you may want to refer to the GitHub Desktop documentation or ask for help on the GitHub Desktop support forum.